The “Elderly Council” (EC) aims at facilitating the civil participation of our members and increasing public awareness on issues related to the seniors. Our objectives include:
- Facilitate members to understand the social issues related to seniors
- Encourage members to actively participate in advocating reasonable social policies
- Promote public awareness on seniors through social education
- Persons aged 60 or above who care about social issues related to the seniors
- Eligible persons can submit the “Application Form” in person to any of our “District Elderly Councils” (application form will be attached)
- Members can request for withdrawal from service by:
- Return the membership card in person to any of our “District Elderly Councils”
- Return the membership card by post to “Elderly Council” (Address: 5/F, 33 Granville Road, Tsimshatsui, Kowloon, Hong Kong, attention to “Active Ageing & Community Care Service”)
Monday to Saturday
8:30am – 1:00pm
2:00pm – 5:30pm
*Sunday and Public Holiday: Closed
District Elderly Council (District EC)
District EC – BLISS
G/F, Choi Lok House, Choi Fook Estate, Kwun Tong, Hong Kong
District EC – UCNEC
G/F, Un Lok House, Un Chau Estate, Shamshuipo, Hong Kong
District EC – FNEC
G/F, Fook Yat House, Fortune Estate, Shamshuipo, Hong Kong
District EC – SLNEC
2/F, Shun Lee Community Centre, 2 Shun Chi Street, Shun Lee Estate, Kwun Tong, Hong Kong
Chronology of events
- Continuous concern on the situation of the elderly, and the plight and pressure of the caregivers during the epidemic.
- Successful on enhancing "Elderly Health Care Voucher Scheme".
- Meeting with LegCo Member and submission of opinions of "Elderly Health Care Voucher Scheme".
- Meeting with Social Welfare Department Assistant Director (Elderly), concern on “Review of Standardised Care Need Assessment Mechanism for Elderly Services” and “Situation of the elderly during the epidemic”
- Concerned on the demarcation of the society resulting from the Anti-Extradition Law Amendment Bill Movement
- Survey on “Information Technology Application of Community Elders under Pandemic”
- Express opinions about “Review of Residential Care Homes (Elderly Persons) Ordinance”to Social Welfare Department working group members.
- Concern on Review of Standardised Care Need Assessment Mechanism for Elderly Services
- Conducted non-cooperation campaign at Cheung Sha Wan Government Dental Clinic to express concern on Hong Kong Dental Service
- Continuous concern on “Review of Residential Care Homes (Elderly Persons) Ordinance ” and “Pilot Scheme on Residential Care Service Voucher for the Elderly”.
- Participated in consultation meeting of “The Big Debate: Land Demand in Hong Kong” and shared views on land use and development for welfare purposes.
- Submission of opinions to “Elderly Service Programme Plan” (3rd phase consultation)
- Restructuring of Elderly Council and Establishment of District Elderly Council
- Organised a sharing forum on “What’s relating to me of Chief Executive Election? ”